Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Social Again

After years of feeling in hibernation, I've finally started being social again.
With three parties in 2 weeks, I feel like there's been a break in the depressive downward slope of my life.
Last night I hosted a goodbye party for one of my coworkers. Godbless her, she's off to Philly to learn how to be a lawyer. I mean, if there's one thing this country needs, it's more lawyers. Of course one of my brothers is currently studying to join the ranks of that illustrious profession, so I really don't hate all lawyers and my now ex-coworker is a really groovy person. For crying out loud, she's as obessesed with Snakes on a Plane as I am.
It's motherfucking snakes on a motherfucking plane.
I'm really enjoying this onslaught of activity, though damn is it tiring. Must ease back into the alcohol as well as the socializing; going full throttle on both is going to do damage to this soon to be 30 year old.
And I learned a valuable lesson last night at around 2 am: do not, under any circumstances and no matter what sort of good idea it might seem at the time, drink absinthe.
That shite will fuck you up ten ways till Tuesday in about 5 seconds.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hoooboy, absinthe should NEVER be drunk, not just at 2am

4:42 PM  
Blogger Smapdi said...

It was amazing; I went from basically sober if just slightly tipsy to incredibly and completely drunk in less than a minute. The crap burned my ears! My EARS! I seriously, seriously learned my lesson.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home