Monday, June 19, 2006

Fuck It

As my 30th birthday creeps closer and closer, I have started the hyperventilating and late nights sitting around wondering what the hell is going on with my life.
With yet another friend annoucing her engagement, another announcing her pregnancy, and another buying his second house, I cannot help but try and figure out where the hell my life took that awful turn where I'm almost 30 and totally and completely alone.
I keep hearing stories of "I know this woman who met the man of her dreams when she was 42 and now they're married and it's all great." Wonderful. Faboo. Mazal Tov. Personally, I'd rather not spend the majority of my life alone. Just a personal quirk I suppose.
And the kicker is that there's pretty much no one in my life who can understand how I'm feeling. I have a very very few male friends left who are not married, but I would say that they are all single for very very obvious reasons. Not that that makes it right, of course. And all the married friends, who believe so much that they know what I'm going through, are really just lying to me and to themselves. Anyone who has been in a relationship long enough to even consider engagement has absolutely no idea.
So I keep coming back to the theory that there must be something rather unright with me as well. If all my completely fucked up and morose bunch of friends can find someone with whom to while away the remainder of their lives, what is it about me that is so aborrent that I remain alone?
Thus far I have not been able to come up with a theory that would account for my total solitude...but I am still looking.

4 Comments:

Blogger karl said...

Have I got a bone to pick with you!

3:37 PM  
Blogger karl said...

Have I got a bone to pick with you.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Smapdi said...

Nice to know that someone else despised this age just as much.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Smapdi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home