Thursday, March 02, 2006

Movin' On Up

In around 8 hours from now, I will fly out of LA and heads towards what I hope to be a brand new life in Boston.

As I believe I have made clear to every single person I know, I am more than a little freaked out about the move - but I'm still going through with it.

My boxes have all been packed and shipped; my luggage is bursting at the seams; and I've said my goodbyes to my family.

It is truly pathetic, but I'm a 29 year old woman who wants her mother to live across the street. I guess sometimes you never really grow up.

As I prepare to head into the great and mysterious unknown, I hold onto the knowledge that in various locations over the US there are people who care about me and wish me well, and that this is more of an adventure than anything else and I need to hold onto the excitement of it all and the opportunities I will hopefully be presented with and let go of the anxiety.

And if all else fails, I am parting on good terms with my mom so I can always come home.

But I really hope that's not the case.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

I think deep down many of us want to be close to our parents when we are older. I also think some of that has to do with us wanting to give back to them! You will love your new place!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Smapdi said...

I think you're right about wanting to give back to them. While living at home recently, I kept wanting to do things to help my mom and make her life easier rather than necessarily making mine easier. Man, I hope that's what growing up is!

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home