Wednesday, February 15, 2006

It's Me and the Pilgrims Now

Overall the rest of the NY trip went well. My friend's wedding was insanely over the top - but gorgeous. My big joke is that their flower arrangements would pay off my student loans.
Luckily, they also had A LOT of booze and I enjoyed myself. Enjoyed myself six glasses of wine and 4 vodka tonics.
And yes, I was pretty darned tooting drunk afterwards, passed out in my dress and awoke with a raging hangover.

And the next night I accompanied my sister to a vegetarian/vegan restaurant for dinner. God bless my sister - she actually thought the food was tasty. I thought it tasted like dirt and soy sauce.

Anyway, now I'm packing up for my big move to Boston. Well, freaking out and packing. There's something about putting your life into a bunch of tiny boxes that just shakes you to the core. I have packed books I've had since I was a child, books I had to read in college, and books I picked up on a whim from a sidewalk vendor. I went through papers and found letters from men who used to matter to me and pictures of friends I haven't spoken to since the new millenium.

I've sent out the "new contact info" to all my friends and family - though in the age of email, who really needs your physical address anymore except to send you bills.

While I know that this is the right move on many many levels, I can't help but second guess myself (mostly because that is where my real talent lies). Is this really the right time/place to move? Do I have any clue what I am getting myself into? Am I running towards something new or running away from something that I just can't deal with anymore? When is the next time I'll see family? How will I make new friends? Will I ever meet a guy who isn't a totally self-absorbed, emotionally distant asshole? Can I make it work in a new city?

So I pack to quiet these questions best I can and hope that my instincts are right for a change and that Boston might really be a great place to start over.

I'm still a NY girl at heart, though, so don't expect me to start becoming a Sox fan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home