Sunday, February 26, 2006

You Gotta Have Friendship

At the wedding I attended in NY, I became reacquainted with a number of people I had been friendly with earlier in my life. Mostly people I knew from my year in Israel between high school and college. Former roommates, former dormmates, essentially former friends.

And I honestly reconnected with a couple of them.

At times when you aren't sure of where you're going or who you are trying to be, it can be eye-opening to meet up with someone who knew you 12 years ago and has a very clear idea of who you were.
It's so easy to forget who we've been and that can help figure out who we're going to be.

At least that's how it's been feeling with this one friend in particular.
She was one of my roommates in Israel and whereas I'm fairly loud and boisterous, she was quieter and far less attention grabbing. Yet, we clicked. Of course I went to college in NY and she went to Michigan and we essentially lost touch.
But we bonded again immediately at the wedding and have been in contact since.

I suppose it's just nice when people end up not being such total shits - it can surprise you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome post, except that last sentence. good to hear you reconnected with old friends.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Smapdi said...

Hey, when people can surprise you, it is a good thing.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home