Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Why I'm A Great Older Sister

Not to brag, but I think I'm a pretty good older sister when push comes to shove.

When one of my brothers was in college, I'd take him out and feed him and invite him to parties where I knew there'd be free booze.

If there is a movie playing that any of my siblings want to see, I buy the tickets and whatever concession treats they want.

And I tend to ask for little in return.
OK, that's a lie. I do ask for some recognition, even just that I'm older than they are and might know a wee bit more about life. I usually never get it. Sometimes I'll just want a "thanks" which I will get on rare occasion.

So I guess I'm just waiting to see what I get over the next 2 weeks. Three of my siblings are having birthdays and knowing from recent experience how much it both sucks and blows when your siblings forget your birthday, I have bought gifts - ranging from a gift tower from Harry and David for the food lover to a bunch of girly stuff from Sephora for my fellow makeup addict sister.

And no matter how much I pride myself on being the cool older sister who'll do such things, I tell you now, if these brats don't even say "Thank You" it's going to be a sad October next year my friends. I mean...I'll sit here and smile benevolently, knowing that even if they don't acknowledge it, I did something nice.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, I don't know if I necessarily agree with Sabrina's conception of good siblingry, but what really bugs me is this guy who finds it appropriate to post a comment involving "cream cheese potato soup." What is cream cheese potato soup? What does said soup have to do with Sabrina's status as the cool older sister or the lame younger mother? I also refuse to click on your creamcheesepotatosoup.com link, so you'll have to post another comment in order to fill us in. Can cream cheese potato soup be made with Neufchatel cheese, which apparently has 1/3 the fat and my mom keeps in the freezer? Please advise.

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What!? no rue morgue?

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home