Thursday, April 21, 2005

And I thought Pope on a Rope was Funny

Currently on Ebay, up for bid at this very moment, there is a chicken breast that if one looks hard enough, resembles the profile of Pope John Paul II.

While that might be amusing, there are actually people out there who are BIDDING on this. 58 bidders as of right now and the price has hit almost $230. Are people so starved for religion that they are willing to look to a piece of chicken? A piece of chicken that I might add has its own website.
My deity doesn't have it's own website.
Hrm, maybe I should start worshipping that piece of chicken too?

In other religious news, a man from Cupertino, CA took communion from Pope John Paul II in 1998 and saved the wafer only to put it on Ebay and make a cool two grand.
Now I'm not wholly buying into the whole concept of the communion wafer to begin with, but it just strikes me as odd that this man held onto the cracker, waiting for John Paul II to die so that the cracker would increase in value.
Didn't he realize that it already had spiritual value?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home