Friday, February 11, 2005

Story of the Day

For once, I have something work related that doesn't involve me wanting to bash my head into the wall. Here is the content of the phone call I just received:

Me: Magmall, can I help you?
Caller: Do you guys buy used magazine?
M: No, sorry
C: Do you know anyone who does?
M: You should try Ebay.
C: Well, here's the story; I was willed 40 copies of Playboy.
M: Willed?
C: Yes. I live in an apartment building and this guy died and he left me 40 issues of Playboy in his will.
M: Congratulations.
C: I know. I don't want them and I don't need them, so I thought I'd try to sell them. Don't you know of any other companies that might want them?
M: No. Most magazine agencies will only sell new issues. But I really would try Ebay.
C: People will buy this on Ebay?
M: People will buy anything.
C: Thanks for the suggestion. Have a good weekend.
M: Good luck.

Now I know this sort of thing must happen every day, but I think it was the phrasing " I was willed 40 copies of Playboy" that just did me in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home