Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Coolest Night of My Life

And that's really only a slight exaggeration.

An ex-coworker of mine is now working on a pilot as a writer's assistant. This new pilot he's working on is entitled "Barenaked Ladies Project" and yes, that is the Barenaked Ladies, of "Brian Wilson" fame. Apparently they really want to do a TV show. And last night they had to film some of the concert superstitials (or at least that's what I think the word is). They also recorded the new theme song for the show.

So I got to hang out back stage for this and watch them perform. Before they let in the masses, the band recorded some other stuff for the show that didn't require a crowd and it was pretty nifty to watch them actually record a song.

Even cooler, I met all the band members. Even got to make Steven Page and Jim Creegan laugh. Steven, by the way, is looking mighty adorable these days -- even in his hazmat suit. (The show will explain) Luckily, despite my several year crush on him and the rest of the band, I managed not to make a total ass out of myself. Not an easy feat.

I also got a copy of the script for the pilot and it was actually hysterical. The show is a bit like the Monkees' show was...but funny. A whole lot of funny. There's a lot of talk about goat wrestling. Nothing beats goat wrestling.

However, some might say the highlight of the night was the moment I stood next to Jason "Brandon Walsh" Priestly of "Beverly Hills, 90210" fame and exchanged a brief "Hey". But then again, getting the BNL treatment of Duran Duran's "Rio" was also pretty freaking sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home