Saturday, September 15, 2007

Fall is i-cumin' in, loud sing cuckoo

Finally, after a summer of some truly humid and disgusting days, Fall seems to have settled on New England.
This means that glorious leaves of crimsons, golds, browns, and oranges are just around the corner. Halleluja.
I always hated September and October in LA. It was then that I truly felt the lack of seasons. Fall, and to a lesser extent Spring, are the prizes you get for surviving Summer and Winter. The slow mellow death and sprightly shining rebirth of nature can't exist in a city that doesn't have real highs and lows of temperature. It's either hot or cooler. No real changing of seasons, just alternates in temperature.
In Fall just walking down the street becomes a thing of wonder. The air becomes cleaner and crisper, more in focus. The ground is noisy with the crunch of fallen leaves. And it's jacket time. Sure snow is just around the corner and I'll be cursing my frozen toes and cold-burned lungs, but till then, I'm going to love Fall for as long as I can.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

I love the Fall as well. Bluejeans and a sweatshirt on a crisp night....lovely.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home