Monday, November 08, 2004

Overwhelmingly Overwhelmed

After a week of my boss being in Paris and my coworkers taking it as leave to not come in or do any work, I am at my wits end. I am consistently the only person in the office and spend my entire day doing what other people should be. It's enough to make your head hurt.
I had to come in yesterday, on Sunday, and after 6 hours in the office, managed to lock myself out. It was a fun day.
Today, it's only 10 am and my brain is already hurting from the 30 or so calls I've received thus far. My coworkers refuse to really hunker down and work and insist on insulting each other and the customers instead, feeling it's more productive.
Sometimes when I get in on Monday the only thing that keeps me going through the week is the thought of the upcoming weekend. Of course this coming weekend I have to fly to Phoenix for a wedding, so it won't be terribly relaxing. And next weekend I'll be in NY for an interview, which while fun and exciting, isn't necessarily relaxing either.

I imagine this won't be the rest of my life...or rather, I can't imagine this being the rest of my life.
I have to get the hell out of here before I lose my will to live and let it all just come crumbling down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home