Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Freezing on the West Coast

Two weeks ago I was in NY and it was the typical end of Fall weather: chilly, blustery, and rainy. Real rainy. But that was cool by me since it had been almost 2 years since I'd experienced Fall and I welcomed it, soaking wet pants and all.

Now in LA we seem to be experiencing our own version of Fall. Usually LA has 2 seasons, Summer and Not Summer. Summer is hot and disgusting and you spend your time trying to find places that have a/c so you don't melt. Not Summer can be a bit chilly, especially at night, but doesn't come close to NY weather. However, the past few days have seen LA temperatures hit in the 30's. Anyone living in the Northeast in the dead of winter would say that is warm. But in LA, the houses aren't built for the cold and most people don't have proper clothing for anything under 50 degrees.

So I wake up freezing every morning and though I curse the cold, I'm a wee bit happy that I'm getting my own version of the change of season, even if I will never see the snow that usually follows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home