Thursday, April 08, 2004

Going Postal...San Post Office

Someone once told me that more than half of working Americans quit not because they hate their jobs, but because they hate their coworkers. I finally understand that statement.

Now, it's not that my job is so great. It's not. In fact it's as far off from any job that I would consider giving my life meaning, my soul fulfillment and dreams flight. I'm the manager of corporate service for a magazine subscription agency for crying out loud. But as jobs go, and as the jobs I have held go, this job isn't so bad. My boss is decent, I get to take off when I need, and I have a nice sized amount of responsibility. For a long time, I didn't go to bed at night and worry about having to wake up and go back to my job.

But how things can change. All it takes is two co-workers to make your life is living hell. The first is our head sales rep. He blames his stupidity on dyslexia. I blame it on his lack of wits. Now while I can't handle stupid people, he wouldn't be so bad if he weren't a congenital back-stabbing liar who feels the need to exert a control that he just doesn't have. The second is the ultra-liberal, conspiracy theory believing, alien abductee. He talks to me from the moment I walk into the office till the moment he leaves. He doesn't talk about anything interesting, just the constant yammer of the narrow-minded and uneducated.

Between the two of them, I cry a little bit on the inside every time I wake up. Anyone know how to make someone permanently mute? Or voodoo perhaps...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home