Wednesday, December 08, 2004

My Best Friend's Baby's Momma

Who, in retrospect, is my best friend I suppose...

Just got a call from my friend Lynn, who is just around 9 months pregnant.
She called me from the hospital to let me know that most likely either today or tomorrow she'll be giving birth.

She has been my best friend since I was 10. I was the maid of honor at her wedding.
We have been through too many squabbles, crying jags, and moments of pure joy to even count.
But I think this one is taking the cake.

While this isn't my kid or even a baby I will be related to, I feel more excitement about this birth than I have for any of my little cousins. Not sure if that makes me an excellent friend or a shitty cousin... Either way, I could not be happier if my own sister was having a baby.

Till I hear from her, I'll sit here, fingers crossed, silent prayers to whomever listens to them and hope that she and the baby are both fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home