Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Three Movies That Signal The End

I saw Wall-E this weekend and like everyone else in the known universe, I had my mind blown. The visual, the emotions, the downright frakking adorableness of it all was almost too much to handle.
God Bless you Andrew Stanton!
That being said, I saw some movie trailers before the movie that made me question our right to exist on this planet.

1. Fly Me to the Moon. Not much was made clear about this movie from the trailer other than it's flies...who are part of the great space program and are going to the moon. Wow. Add some flatulence jokes, some fat jokes, and some god-awful "fly" and "bug" puns and you have one craptastic movie.

2. Space Chimps. Continuing the idea that what people really want is animated animals being sent to space, we are given "Space Chimps", from the "homo sapien" who gave us Shrek. I say that homo sapien need watch his back. Again, puns and ill-timed and conceived jokes seem to abound. Did someone replace the Mountain Dew in the writers' room with moron juice? Would seem so.

And, finally, the piece de la resistance:
3. Beverly Hills Chiahuahua. One only needs see the trailer to understand the depth and breadth of my loathing of this movie. Dancing, singing, beheadressed rats are no way to get me to see a movie. I imagine South America rumbling as every single Mayan or Incan whose ever culture they are raping for this abortion of a film rolls over in their grave. I don't like seeing these tiny, nervous, and yippy dogs on the street and I surely do not want to see them on screen. The musical number just helped seal the deal. I would have died a happy person had I never had to see animated dogs singing poorly written verse to music that clearly came out of someone's pot-driven synthesizer session.

I understand that there was a writer's strike earlier this year, but why are we the viewing public being punished?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home